Friday, March 04, 2005

 

Branching Out

Various old and new things have fallen together in a new way.

Over the years I've written a lot about sand sculpture. Many of these stories have been sort of collected into a never-published work called "Hands in the Sand." A friend of mine posted many of them on the Web in 1996 and I always intended to add them to Human Touch, my own Web site that I started in 1997. It never happened. Too much work to do the HTML conversion and then go through the hassles of logging on and using FTP to get the files in the right place.

So, here we are in 2005, and the publishing industry has changed. I've decided to try publishing "Hands in the Sand" as a Blog, with images. The first part of the story, "Wind, Sand and Psyche," has been posted. More will follow as I clean them up a bit and find their related images.

The general URL, by the way, is sandhands.blogspot.com. You'll find the table of contents there, and the first few stories. They should be read in sequence.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?