Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

Moving Beyond Leftovers

Territorial squabbles take a lot of time. Everyone competes for limited resources and the last one in gets the hind tit. You either learn to live on leftovers, or you just give up and die.

How am I supposed to defend my territory? I've done this in the past by not having territory, but slipping into the interstices between other, more established, worlds. I scavenge, I wait, I don't fight. Eventually things move around and there's new space. I don't ask for much.

I figured that's the way my life would be. It's kind of like the effect on a communist society of seeing the economic benefits of commercial culture: everyone out there is wearing designer jeans but we have to put up with hand-me-downs from 30 years back. God starts showing me the benefits of making a way, and I begin to itch for something better. Jesus certainly didn't spend his days waiting for others to move out of the way before he could live.

People certainly make themselves obnoxious when fighting for space. I don't want to be like that, yet I'd also like to have a place of my own. God will really have to help me with this one. The deeper I go the more potential for trouble there is.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?