Sunday, March 04, 2007

 

Status Committee

"OK, folks. Let's get this show on the road."
"Yeah. We don't have eternity, you know."
Everyone at the table groans. "Now we know why the Father invented time. So that eventually, Gabriel, you'll have to quit repeating that worn-out joke."
"Yeah, Gabe. Even angels can, um... well, better not to say."
Jesus looks at Michael, and raises an eyebrow. That's all he needs to do. "So, what's the scoop, folks?"

If angels could dance on the head of a pin, how long could they keep it up? What does time look like to an eternal being?

"OK, Next item."
"Can we take a break, phone out for pizza or something?"
"We had pizza last time. How about Chinese?"
"Ever since you helped bail them out after that flood..."
"Ahem."
"Oh, yes. Next item."

There's a rustling of wings and a settling of robes. The slide changes on the overhead projector.
"Remember this guy?"
"Oh, yes. Your Beach Missionary, and that sand dude."
"Yah. Haven't heard much about him. What happened?"
"He's still around. Interesting how ideas change over time. God gave him the nose. He keeps following the scent."
Jesus is looking intent. "Hmmm... I wish more people would get it."
"What's that, Lord?"
"Well... No noose is good noose."


Comments:
Interesting post, Larry....so if I am interpreting right, this means you are doing well....correct me if I am wrong. I can be a tad slow sometimes.

Ok that photo - gorgeous. The colors here reminds me of some shots of San Clemente at sunset I took recently, amazing colors.

If you want to see them they are on my side bar almost at the bottom:

http://barbara007.typepad.com/
 
ha! uh... yeah... Maybe Jesus needs to take the advice offered to dear ole Gabe... :)

Good to see you blogging again.

Miss you, my friend. You and all your punniness. :)
 
I'm just catching up on everyone's blogs....love the post and the pic.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?